OAHU, "The Gathering Place"
The third largest Hawaiian island and home to Honolulu
Outlook on the 2018 Housing Market
Happy New Year! Those who closely follow the real estate market are watching and wondering what changes 2018 will bring. The reports we are seeing bode well for both homebuyers and sellers.
- Inventory is expected to increase. Realtor.com® projects U.S. year-over-year inventory growth to tick up into positive territory by fall 2018. The majority of growth is expected in the mid-tier price points, which includes U.S. homes priced above $350,000. Recovery for starter homes is expected to take longer because their levels were significantly depleted by first time buyers.
- Slowing price appreciation expected. Realtor.com® reports home prices are forecasted to slow to 3.2 percent growth year-over-year nationally. Most of the slowing will be felt in the higher-priced segments, so expect that sellers will need to price competitively. Entry-level homes will continue to see price gains due to the larger number of buyers that can afford them.
- Millennials gain most market share. “Millennials are on track to gain mortgage market share in all price points, due to the sheer size of the generation,” according to the forecast. Millennials could reach 43 percent of home buyers taking out a mortgage by the end of 2018. Expect Millennials to start competing for higher priced homes.
- New tax reform laws. The laws will affect taxpayers in different ways so consumers are encouraged to consult with their tax advisors. The National Association of Realtors® also provides the latest news and forecasts on how tax reform will impact consumers.
Buying & Selling Your Home
So take a moment to browse our home Buying a Home & Selling a Home advice.
I Wish Someone Told Me as a First Time Home Buyer
Wondering if it may be time to buy your first home? Take a look at this before you get started.READ MORE »
HOA Fees: What You Need to Know Before Buying a Home
Homeowners’ Association Fees (HOA fees) are charged in many communities, yet they cover a wide range of costs.READ MORE »
What is an HOA?
It’s important to learn more about the neighborhood HOA, such as annual dues, community amenities, and restrictions when looking to buy a new home. The goal of the HOA is to help maintain home values and the overall aesthetics of a neighborhood.READ MORE »
Deciding to Buy a home
How Long Do You Expect to Own Your New Home?READ MORE »
- Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions or would like to set up a showing.
- Neaulani Kuamo'o-Peck
- REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® Lic#: RS-73536
- 460 Kapolei Pkwy Ste 310, Kapolei, HI 96707
- Direct (808) 358-9700 mobile
"Get pre-approved today. Talk to my mortgage broker. No cost no obligation."
Get the best loan for you @ Wholesale interest rates
Conv. VA, FHA, USDA, Construction- rehab, Bridge and Commercial
Having a confirmed mortgage pre-approval letter is like money in the bank.
There are many advantages of getting a mortgage pre-approval before you start hunting for a home.
Know what you can afford.
Improve your chances of getting your offer accepted.
Have peace of mind.
Save time by shopping for properties that fit your budget.
- Brant S. Matsuda
- Sr. Loan officer NMLS 352161/ 1045356
- 91-1121 Keaunui Dr. Suite 200 Ewa Beach Hi. 96706
- Direct 808-371-9006